Friday 25 April 2008

Only a woman knows the value

of green shoes!


I am firmly of the belief that everyone must own a pair of nice bright red shoes. Not only do they look great with a black business suit or evening dress but they brighten the day considerably. When you slip them on in the morning they make you feel bright and happy and a bit saucy. People always comment on them and they give a nice bit of zip to a casual outfit as well.

Recently I dropped into Banana Republic in Abu Dhabi and bought a pair of ‘nice black office shoes’ that would also do for a night out. As I was shelling out the astronomic price for them I noticed they had the same shoe in lime green….will I …….won’t I….perhaps if they are allright after wearing for a week I’ll come back and pay another king’s ransom for the green pair.

Why would you want green shoes I hear you ask! Well green is my favourite colour – always has been. It was my father’s favourite colour (Mum says he was colour blind and green was the ONLY colour he could see!) It is also my sister’s favourite colour and she has very good taste!

So the black shoes survived the comfort test and the very next opportunity I had to visit Abu Dhabi I ducked in a bought the green ones. Everyone loves them. I never wear them that someone doesn’t make a comment on them. And just this week my friend Sheila who has returned to Canada put a comment on the blog asking how they went. Well I have to say they have been a success – don’t you love them!

1 comment:

  1. And where may I ask are mine - how dare you buy such beautiful green shoes without thinking of your sister?

    Looks like I will have to travel over and get them myself - one day....

    Helen

    ReplyDelete